Love & Carrots is a small company, but we are always looking for talented individuals who are incredibly passionate about gardening and local food. We employ a limited number of full season staff and interns. Love & Carrots is now hiring an installation manager.
Love & Carrots Seeks Installation Manager!
- Prior work experience in simple woodworking and use of power tools
- Gardening/landscaping experience or general knowledge of growing vegetables
- Prior work experience in a small company
- Design and visual skills for detail
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Has own transportation
Characteristics we are looking for include:
- A positive attitude is paramount! We all work hard, smart and rely on eachother.
- Demonstrated ability to self start tasks and follow up on completion/evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to both follow and give directions, and seek assistance when needed
- Ability to manage or to help manage issues as they arise
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Highly organized
- A passion for growing local food!
Your duties will include:
- Installing raised bed vegetable gardens working from a design
- Sequestering build materials
- Completing additional landscaping, double digging beds, some planting
- Building and installing simple structures like Pergolas, Arbors, compost bins, fencing, and trellises
- Some work with rocks and hardscapes
- Helping with garden maintenance
Compensations begins at $12/hr on site. Compensation will increase to appropriate level upon completion of a 3-month trial period and will depend on self-sufficiency, trust, and skill.
We could always use extra hands at community events and service days. If you’re interested, send us a message with your interest and availability.
We love living here and being involved in the DC urban agriculture movement. We are open to new ideas and projects. If you would like to partner with us, send us an email and let’s chat!
To get in touch, email email@example.com with your interest in the subject line.